Host State's Policies - West Bengal
- In fiscal year 2020, around 1.48 terawatt hours of electricity were generated from renewable energy sources across West Bengal, India.
- Of the total installed power capacity, thermal power contributed 8,183.83 MW, hydropower 1,248.30 MW and 131.71 MW by other renewable power sources.
- West Bengal, has an estimated potential of generating 2,206 MW (excluding solar) of electricity from RE sources.
- The State Government is also exploring investment opportunities in the automobile sector in the manufacturing of cars, trucks, etc. and in auto parts, auto ancillaries, transmission, shock absorbers, steering, engine and engine parts.
- To improve rural electrification, under the ‘Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram JyotiYojana’, 18 new projects worth US$ 707 million were sanctioned.
- West Bengal Renewable Energy Development Agency, implemented large number of programs related to solar energy, wind energy, mini & microhydro, bio-energy, etc.