- Ministry of Power has undertaken 9 High Impact Power projects (10 no. of transmission lines) spanning over 6 RE rich States under PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan.
- Federal subsidies and policy favoring deeper discounts for Indian-made electric two-wheelers as well as a boost for localized ACC battery storage production are other growth drivers for the Indian EV industry.
- Hydropower projects including Renukaji Dam project, Luhri Stage 1 Hydro Power Project, Dhaulasidh Hydro Power Project and Sawra-Kuddu Hydro Power Project are worth over INR 11,000 crore.
- As on 30.11.2021, 52 solar parks have been sanctioned with a cumulative capacity of 37.92 GW in 14 states
- Union Minister of Power and MNRE has approved new 23 Inter State Transmission System Projects (ISTS) with an estimated cost of INR 15,893 crore.
- A Letter of Intent between India and Australia on New and Renewable Energy Technology was signed to pave the way for working towards reducing the cost of new and renewable energy technologies and scaling up deployment in order to accelerate global emissions reduction.
- India offers a great opportunity for investments in RE sector; USD 196.98 bn worth of projects underway in India.